Solar panels harness the sun’s power and convert it into energy to power your home. Here’s an overview of how your solar panels produce energy:
- When sunlight hits your panels, photons and electrons interact, which causes an electrical current.
- Your solar panels send the electrical current to your solar inverter to convert it into power that can be used for your home.
- Next, the inverter transfers the power to your breaker box to send the electricity to your home devices and appliances.
- Once your home has enough power, the breaker box sends the energy back to your utility meter to use later. If you live in a state that offers net metering, you could potentially exchange this excess energy with your electric company for credits on future electric bills.
Benefits of Solar In Pittsburgh
There are plenty of reasons to consider solar panels for your Pittsburgh-area home. The combination of potential financial and environmental benefits could have a significant return on investment for your home. Here are a few benefits you could potentially expect to see when you go solar:
- Own Your Power — When you own your power, you shouldn’t have to worry when the power company constantly increases utility rates. Go solar today to protect your family from the impact of spikes in energy costs and rely less on the grid.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Throughout your solar panels’ lifespan, you could potentially save thousands of dollars on future electric bills.5
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Qualified homeowners can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% for installing solar panels on their property.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — Data shows that going solar can raise your home’s value, meaning that you can expect a significant return on your investment should you decide to sell your home.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Be part of a global movement to create a more sustainable earth. When you go solar, you can choose a green alternative to fossil fuels and do your part in preserving the earth.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
You only need a few peak sunlight hours to produce more than enough energy throughout the day. On most days, you can expect to have excess unused solar energy. Here’s how you can use it for your benefit:
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Pittsburgh
- First, fill out a form for a free quote. Then, one of our solar representatives will contact you to see if you qualify for solar. Also, we’ll learn more about your property and schedule your free in-home consultation at your convenience.
- At your free in-home visit, one of our solar consultants will further analyze your home to find the best size solar system for you. We will also evaluate your electricity bills and discuss your energy goals. Once we’re done with this step, we’ll present a custom proposal based on your home’s unique energy needs. After you sign your contract, we’ll get started on the prep work for your solar installation!
- On installation day, we’ll arrive at your home ready to install your solar panels! Our team works diligently to ensure that there is no damage to your roof or home. Once we’re done, we’ll thoroughly test your system to see if everything works correctly. Afterward, we’ll clean up our workspace and leave your home the way we found it.
Cost of Solar In Pittsburgh
Solar energy is more affordable than ever in Pittsburgh, which means it’s a great time for you to go solar! Since every home is different, the cost for your solar system depends on your home energy usage, your home, and your savings goals. The best way to find out how many solar panels you need is to talk to our solar experts.
To calculate the cost of your solar panels, we factor in how many watts your home typically uses per day. Once we have that number, our designers and engineers can start planning your custom solar solution.
Your Pittsburgh Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!
Ready to go solar? Here’s how you can finance your Pittsburgh solar panel installation.
PHS Financial Program
- POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. Our financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us.1
- You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through ours, which specializes in solar. This allows for a $0 down payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
- To maximize your solar investment, you can pay up-front, in full for your solar panels. This means your new electric bill will immediately reflect your potential savings and you can take advantage of home equity loans that might be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR is proud to offer high-quality solar panels that offer superior reliability and performance.
Solar Panel Warranties
Our panels come with two types of warranty:
- A minimum 25-year linear power performance guarantee.
- A 25-year product workmanship guarantee. A solar panel’s product warranty covers any issues with manufacturing defects or premature wear and tear on your panels.
Your solar panels are built to last, and so is your inverter! Your inverter comes with a 10-year warranty, and as the installer of the system, our team will take care of any warranty issues that might arise.
These warranties are designed to ensure that you are able to replace bad panels or address any potential issues with your system post-installation. POWERHOME SOLAR uses panels that are guaranteed to operate at approximately 85% capacity after 25 years and rarely have issues. But in the event that there are any problems, our customers can rest assured that we will be able to address them and rectify the situation.